September 15, 2010

Kelly + Holland + Chocolate Milk

Clearly I had a wonderful weekend.

For those of you who don't know, I absolutely LOVE Kelly Clarkson. Like literally she is one of my heroes. I was priviledged enough to get FREE (thank you Jo) tickets to her concert last Saturday and it seriously was one of the most fantastic things my ears have ever been blessed to hear. She has suuuuuch an amazing voice and I love like, every single one of her songs. (And for those of you wondering, this is NOT one of those things where I went to her concert and realized, 'Oh yeah, she's so good, I love her.' No. I have been looking forward to this moment since I was in like 7th grade and I was a true Kelly fan BEFORE the concert. I didn't take one second for granted.) My friend Maddie and I were standing in literally the second row and when she started singing "Just Walk Away", (my longtime favorite Kelly song) I seriously started SCREAMING and just like jumping as high as I could and I was like, "KELLY!!! KELLY THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG! KELLY!!!" She smiled at us. We're best friends now. Tidbit of Kelly info: She wrote Because of You herself, when she was 16 years old.

On Sunday...we had regional conference in the Marriott Center! It was so so good, I loved all the talks. Especially Elder Holland's because he is my favorite favorite FAVORITE. I love how he speaks with so much power and really makes you listen to whatever he's saying. He inspires me to be better. He's amazing! His talk was about having faith through hard trials and he told some really inspiring pioneer stories, I loved it.

If I had a written list of heroes it would consist of George Washington, my mother, Kelly Clarkson, and Elder Holland. I honestly felt so blessed to recieve so much goodness in one weekend. And I had chocolate milk for lunch!

1 comment:

ccanderson said...

I am very flattered to be mentioned in the same sentence as Kelly. Thank you.