September 8, 2010

SYT

Yay! SYT started back up yesterday! (Scera Youth Theater) For those of you who don't know, I teach youth theater classes to kindergarten/first graders at the Scera Theater every week. This will be my 4th year teaching and I'm so excited!

I love love love the kids I teach, they always put me in a better mood. Whenever I'm stressed, it's so fun to go to the Scera and just hang out with my class. (the Alpha Actors is what they're called) They help me remember that life is simple and that it's easy to be hapy. :)

Also...the Alpha Actors are SO funny! Last year we started a tradition where at the beginning of every class, we have Joke Time. The kids can tell any jokes that they've made up, and let me tell you...they are seriously HILARIOUS. They rarely ever make sense and are accompanied by the cutest voices ever...I am always entertained. One of my favorites from last year: "One time...there was a man in a hat driving a car...and then...the hat was over his face so he couldn't see...and he threw the suitcase out of the car!" "Why did Spencer (one of the other teaches) cross the road? ...because he was born with no legs!"

Quote of the Day: "Little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world..."--Moroni 8:12

No comments: