September 25, 2010

Seriously...Get Me On Stage!!!

I had my very first choir concert with Womens' Chorus just barely and it was soooooooo good to be onstage again! I've always loved singing in choirs (especially choirs that you know are way good...) and it was the best feeling to be singing for people again. I love our conductor, Sister Applonie, because she really really knows what she's talking about so I feel like she makes me smarter, plus she's super funny all the time.

Tiny problem...the concert made me realize how much I miss being on stage and I seriously started crying during the standing ovation on Thursday. (that is NOT cheesey it's the truth!!) Plus I saw Hairspray at the Scera last week which was AMAZING! I have a bunch of friends in that show and you could honestly tell them a part from the rest of the cast; they were clearly the best ones. One of my best friends, Ashlyn, is like, the best performer ever (I'm not just saying that) and she just has this face she does when she's on stage and it's like...she's inviting you to this way fun party that she's having up on stage. And I was watching the show and I was like, "I WANNA COME!!! I wanna come to the party Ash!!"

So I've been in a 'missing Acting Up' mood this week. I keep watching the JRB (our musical review that we took 1st place with at competition) video on facebook and looking at pictures and singing Les Mis songs all over the place. Actually funny story...I was walking home from my concert last night and I was singing Javert's Suicide under my breath..."Who is this man? What sort of devil is he, to have me caught in a trap and choose to let me go free?"... and this guy heard me and looked all creeped out and then walked away really fast. Yes, this is what I've become. A creepy Les Mis junkie who sings to herself in public places and cries when people clap for her. Nice.

1 comment:

ccanderson said...

The concert was seriously wonderful and you guys deserved the standing O.